Wondering whether Magento is a good choice when it comes to b2b ecommerce solution? Here are 5 features that make Magento a reliable and excellent B2B wholesale platform!
Did you know that b2b (business-to-business) in the US will reach $1.1 trillion by 2020? These numbers encourage b2b marketers and wholesale business owners to consider ecommerce solutions and sell items online for a online shoppers change. When it comes to b2b ecommerce solutions, a number of options are available, for example, Shopify, Magento, PrestaShop, OpenCart, and others.
Magento has proven to be a great ecommerce solution for b2b wholesale customers. Magento was initially designed for B2C or business-to-consumer, and it has its own limitations for the b2b selling, however, they can be blown over by implementing some extensions.
Here we present to you 5 features that make Magento an excellent and reliable b2b wholesale platform:
- Group Pricing: The b2b customers are more flexible when it comes to pricing. They require complex and more advanced pricing, for example, sales volume based prices, individual discounts, and etc. By taking advantage of Customer Group Catalog and Catalog Permissions, the B2B store owners can set up different product prices and catalogs.
- Customer Segmentation: With Magento Enterprise, the website owners can get customer information to segment their shoppers in a better way and offer them a superb shopping experience.
- Private Sales: Magento offers Private Sales feature that allows wholesale sellers to restrict some shoppers to access specific parts of the website.
- Ordering: The wholesale shoppers who are doing everyday purchase from a specific online store know exactly what kind of items they are looking for. There is this extension “Order by SKU” which can speed up the process of bulk ordering. Once you implement this extension, the product list gets shown when users insert the SKU.
- Payment: Magento has an option of payment by invoice which is called check or money order. If your B2B customers don’t have extra requirements, there is no need for any changes in this option. Magento also offers one more payment option called a credit limit.
Magento b2b ecommerce solution allows sellers to deal with the current b2b trends by providing scalability, flexibility, and control over the functionality, the look and feel, and content of the store. It is an excellent b2b wholesale platform and you should definitely consider it for your next project.